Skip to main content

“THiNK DiFFERENT” – My Creative Offering To PH Agriculture & My Gift To Aggie Journalists

You too can be creative! Promise.

I thought about my new blog’s name “i THiNK DiFFERENT” the other day, Saturday in Manila, 10 April 2021, which Filipinos refer to as “Araw Ng Kagitingan” (Day Of Valor), and which I see differently – It’s “Day Of Defeat,” as about 60,000 Filipino and American soldiers surrendered to the Japanese Imperial Forces in Bataan and they were forced to walk to Tarlac, about 100 km, and the Death March killed about 5,000 Filipinos and 500 Americans.

In other words, I am what I call a Thinkerer, you know what I mean. And so is Anna Marsh, CEO of Studiocanal UK, who has written “11 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently![1]” (10 May 2017, Just Creative).

Miss Anna begins by saying:

Creative people always see things with a different perspective. They see themselves not for what they are, but for what they can be.

1.  They create their own schedule.

2.  They set aside time to be creative.

3.  They recognize their best & worst works.

4.  They are not afraid of failure.

5.  They take in the world around them.

6.  They stick to their dreams.

7.  They live in the world of fantasy.

8.  They are confident.

9.  They don’t follow boundaries.

10. They ask as many questions as they can.

11. They want space for themselves.

One: I schedule my blogging early in the morning, that is, having written & rewritten the day before.

Two: I prefer writing (first draft) very early in the morning. I rewrite anytime and many times.

Three: My best essay so far is the one I blogged 04 April 2021, “2 Leadership Lessons From Apayao Women – Help Yourself By Helping Others.” My best has come when I am already 80.6 years old, thank God!

Four: I never thought of failing in my writing. Made a mistake? I apologize.

Five: You bring out your own genius if you relax after writing a draft. You absorb what you observe. Then you revise. Then you relax. Then you revise again.

Six: I am a self-taught writer. My constant dream is to serve Filipino farmers by writing about how they themselves can think of the science of agriculture.

Seven: “Living in the world of fantasy” is being innocent about a great many things. When you can assume a child’s attitude, you can become a creative writer: I guarantee it!

Eight: I was in high school when I won an essay writing contest in Tagalog – my native tongue is Ilocano. That was when I discovered myself.

Nine: I will disagree with this one. I follow one boundary – when I criticize, you will never know because I suggest something different without mentioning you!

Ten: Yes, I ask many silent questions when I write – that is, I explore many angles. That’s how I often discover brilliance.

Eleven: If you disturb me when I am in front of the computer and typing, I may look at you blankly, as I am in my inner space. Duh!@517



[1]https://justcreative.com/11-things-creative-people-do-differently/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Economic Recovery, Start Public & Private Partnership – End The Lockdown Now!

Is the Philippine Department of Agriculture (DA) ready to fulfill its own nationwide agricultural responsibilities once all kinds of quarantines are down? Yes, under the leadership and planning-ahead head of Secretary William Dar. Never. In my 20 years of blogging, after thousands upon thousands of short & long essays published online, I never wrote in favor of an advertisement – until now. I am looking at the Facebook ad of CitizenWatch Philippines with the headline, “Public And Private Partnership Is The Key Towards Sustainable Development” (upper image above). And the lock to open it today is to end the lockdown! CitizenWatch is saying: We call on the government to work with the private sector in creating sustainable initiatives that will fortify a future-proofed Philippines beyond this pandemic. "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country [1] " – Charles E Weller. Today, we must love our country, all of it!  Now is the time for all goo...

07, The More The Merrier – P1B From DA Supportive Of 10 Bataan Model Farms Leading PH Agriculture

Very optimistic – and excited – was Secretary of Agriculture William Dar after visiting 2 model 1-ha farms in the villages of Daang Bago and San Simon in the town of Dinalupihan, Bataan, Friday, 19 February 2021. He said in the DA news release “Bataan Model Farms Demonstrate Future Of Philippine Agriculture” (20 February 2021): I am thrilled to have seen the progress of this rice-high-value crops diversification system evolving in the Municipality of Dinalupihan. We were here when the idea was being conceived in 2019 and now it has really started its journey, its development. As an agriculturist and a communicator for development in the last 45 years, I know: That it is all markedly historical for the Philippines. The cropping calls for rice in the wet season, and high-value crops (vegetables) in the dry season, with fertigation (fertilization via irrigation). And the technology-setup is replicated 10 times in the same municipality. (I don’t know why, but 60-year old foreign-funde...

Historical PH 1st Holy Mass: Mazaua Or Limasawa? Fr Amalla Vs Maria Serena Diokno Vs Ambeth Ocampo – And The Priest Is Right!

We Filipinos celebrate 500 years of Christianity today Wednesday, 31 March 2021, Christianity brought to pagans by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan sailing the seas for Spain. The historical question is: Where was the first Holy Mass celebrated: “Limasawa” (in Leyte) or “Mazaua” (in Butuan)? Catholic priest Fr Joesilo C Amalla has just published the book (above), An Island They Called Mazaua, that argues the island of “Mazaua” in Butuan is the “true site of first Holy Mass in the Philippines [1] ”  and not “Limasawa” in Leyte (ANN, 07 January 2021, Manila Times ). The declaration and discussion are made by Butuan-based Fr Amalla in his 644-page book. Among other things, he writes: The truth is that the prevailing state- and church-affirmation and multiple reaffirmations of the island of Limasawa as the site of that first Holy Mass have no factual, historical and geographic (bases) whatsoever nor any shred of evidentiary support from cartographic studies, navigational info...